5 Recommended Medication Remedies to Treat Cystic Acne
It is very hard to find an effective cure to treat cystic acne. Cystic acne is an advanced form of acne, hence early treatment of your skin condition is a must. The pimples in this case will give you so much pain as the swelling is bacteria-laden mixed with dead skin cells and white blood cells. Cystic acne affects not only the superficial skin but attacks the tissues within. This could lead to permanent damage to your skin in the form of scars. Acne is bad enough but carrying the scars that go with can really hurt your confidence in yourself.
There are numerous suggested cures to treat cystic acne although you ought not to wait for cysts to show before becoming concerned with the pimples on your face. You need to identify the level of your acne condition so that the appropriate remedy could be resorted. There are three identified stages of acne with the corresponding names for each form. Acne during the initial stage appears in the form of blackheads and whiteheads. It then graduates to what you refer to a pimples or zits. The final stage with the severest form is the cysts or nodules. This is the reason why you need to find a way to treat cystic acne.
1. According to some health experts, one highly advised medication on treating cystic acne is via oral antibiotics. Antibiotics attack the bacteria that are present in the cysts to reduce the inflammation within. You should take medicines such as doxycycline or tetracycline capsules or pills, among others.
2. Female contraceptives taken orally are likewise claimed to be helpful on treating cystic acne. The production of a high level of sebum triggers acne thus this over release of sebaceous fluids needs to be controlled by the contraceptives. The downside is that this treatment may be taken only when approved and under the supervision of your doctor.
3. A third option would be corticosteroid injections. The cysts are injected with steroids that are targeted to diminish the swelling after a few days. A skilled medical practitioner should be the one to perform this method as this is a delicate procedure. One of the benefits of this particular process to treat cystic acne is preventing the scarring as the cysts or nodules should dry up and disappear naturally.
4. The last 2 recommended remedies involve particular drugs – Accutane and Isotretinoin. The former is a drug to be taken orally for a period of at least 4 to 5 months on a daily basis. It is said to be quite efficient in preventing the incidence of scarring on your skin. However, it ha numerous side effects, which you should try to understand before buying this medicine.
5. The latter is actually a Vitamin A pill that addresses the main causes of acne like the development of clogged pores, production of excess oils, swelling of the skin and the presence of bacteria. Isotretinoin likewise has side effects especially of you are a pregnant.
The 5 discussed solutions should be consulted with your dermatologist.